Today’s instagram crush is my own guilty pleasure. Stone Fox Bride is a ridiculously cool, bohemian bridal shop in Manhattan and their instagram feed is full of gems (literally). They have a tradition of photographing their clients’ engagement rings and posting them with often humorous captions regarding the proposal or the ring’s ancestry. Below are a few of my favorite recent captions. I get such a kick out of reading them and seeing all the unusual rings! You can follow their adventures here (warning: it’s rather addictive…).
– “Proposed in the snow in Paris. Chose the ring in Dublin together. From the 1880’s.”
– “Got down on one knee in the mist in December on top of the Empire State Building.”
– “Proposed in the morning in pjs. I said today would be a good day to get engaged. He went upstairs and got the rings, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was like is this real??? I started crying and shaking and we hugged and drank champagne and danced to a Beach House record.”
– “She asked him to marry her at rockaway beach last August.”
– “Proposed at that top of Splash mountain right before the drop!”
– “It belonged to her Grandma Eleanor, the most glamorous classy stone fox ever. Every Sunday was family day at her pool. She was all about the gorgeous silk robes and lingerie. She wore the ring on her pinky finger!”